March 2019 in review
March 31, 2019
As I previous stated back in late February 2019, that this year was going to be hectic. Over the past couple of weeks I've been quite busy, with:
- Going up to Sydney for the 2019 itNews Benchmark Awards - in which I manage to win the Rising Star Category, you can read more about that here
- Did my first round video technical interview with Google for a Test Engineering (SRE) role in Taiwan! 🇹🇼. Fingers-crossed on getting into next stage of the interviews
- Was at Industry Night promoting MonPlan and working with eSolutions, Monash University
- MonPlan will be placed in Operational Mode as of 1st April - meaning that all the major bugs/issues have been resolved.
- Signed a new contract with Monash Uni, and as of 1st April - I've been promoted from a Junior Software Engineer into a Software Engineer!
- I've been elected the Graduate Representative of Wired Monash, which is the IT Student Club at Monash.
Interviewing with Google
My plans after uni isn't that amazing, I've applied for a few roles across some really big tech companies - Google (Sydney & Taiwan), Atlassian (Sydney) and REA Group (Melbourne). Though if I don't get any of these roles, I'll be applying for a mid level roles later this year. So yeah, I'd applied for this role (Test Engineering) back in January, and the main reason why I applied for this role that's going to be located in Taiwan, is not only because I love doing DevOps/SRE, I also wanted to travel a bit more (especially back to Japan - 🤣)
Yep, that's right despite my not so good grades/GPA, I've managed to snag a video interview with Google. The interview went fairly well, I did a lot of Hackerrank questions before the interview. But for those who are looking for a test engineering role - the questions were straightforward, having a knowledge for general data structures, SRE/DevOps/SysAdmin strategies and complexity will be very beneficial.
I'm hope that I can this role thought! 🤞